Library Assistant Lake City Public Library June 2013-Present
- Circulation/reference desk, re-designing and managing the website
- Shelving books, updating online calendar, creating/maintaining social media accounts
- Minor programming duties, processing overdue and lost materials
- Familiar with Beacon circulation and reporting (soon to be converting to KOHA via Bywater)
Library Assistant Rockwell City Public Library Summers 2009-2011, 2012-Present
- Circulation/reference desk, minor copycat cataloging, managing interlibrary loans
- Processing materials, creating flyers, updating online calendar
- Assist with planning and co-running Children’s Programs
- Created Facebook/Twitter pages, creating/managing Pinterest boards
- Familiar with Atriuum, Concourse, OPAC circulation and reporting
Library Assistant Hudson Public Library September 2012-May 2013
- Circulation/reference desk, manage interlibrary loans
- Shelve books, reserve books for patrons, enforcing behavior policy
- Plan monthly programs for community members, help clean/maintain library
Student Manager, Student Assistant Vogel Library, Wartburg College January 2010-2013
- Circulation and reference desks, manage student employees
- Shelving, shelf-reading, inventory, finding lost materials, create monthly displays
- Organize and maintain the Curriculum Library section, maintain Facebook page
- Familiar with Millennium Circulation Consortium
University of Wisconsin-Madison, WI Anticipated Graduation in 2016
College of Letters and Science
Masters of Library and Information Studies
Wartburg College, Waverly, IA May 2013
Bachelor Degree in English
Minors: Business and Leadership Certificate
- Perfect Imperfection – Promotes body acceptance of all shapes and sizes and boosts self-esteem. I helped with Homecoming activities for several years.
- Pen & Inc. and Writing Circle– English/Writing Club for members to help improve and share work with peers.
- Phi Beta Lambda – Business Club – won 1st place in Help Desk at Spring 2012 State Meeting.
- Wartburg Alliance – The campus LBGTQ group. I helped make a blanket for charity, attended occasional meetings and panels, promoted the group around campus.
- V-Week – Raises awareness about violence against women and girls, including rape, battery, incest, female genital mutilation, and sex slavery. Participated in the Vagina Monologues as part of V-Week.
- Sexual Misconduct and Assault Resource Team (SMART) –Providing education on sexual assault and sexual harassment to campus community. Helped perform room checks and participated in Homecoming activities
- Community Builders – Teaching and leading a sixth grade class in leadership skills and community engagement as part of a leadership class at Wartburg College
Iowa Library Association Member 2013-2014